Monday, January 6, 2014

Like Coffee and Tea? Come to my house…

Well, perhaps not literally. 

(Although if you did, I’d be ready for you!)

I don’t think I’ve shared much about my great love of all things tea on the blog before.  I grew up drinking herbal tea when I was sick—and that was pretty much the extent of it.  Until, at least, I encountered the Irish in my travels who cured everything with a ‘cuppa’.  Are you sad?  Come have a cup…  Just in out of the cold?  Have a cup!  Want to talk?  Let me get you a cup…  You get the idea.  I resisted for a while but eventually I grew to love tea (mostly good old black breakfast tea) with a passion.   (My husband actually proposed to me on a tea bag label!) I don’t drink as much as the good old Irish but I usually start my day with a hot cup—with two spoons of sugar and cream, please!

My hubby on the other hand is a coffee drinker.  He doesn’t much care about if it is flavored or fancy, as long as it is strong and hot!  A couple of years ago we got a coffee maker that makes a pot but also makes individual cups of hot water (or coffee) which is perfect for making a cup of tea too.  We really like it, but it was crammed in between the stove and fridge at our  new house and it was a little cramped for all the use we give it.  I decided it was time for a change.

 ( I actually completed this project before Christmas so it was fun to decorate this area for the holidays too.  : )

So…our coffee and tea bar!

coffeebar1

I’ve been having fun for the past few weeks getting this little area put together.  First I had to re-do the dresser…then I made a sign…then I painted the wall…it was the project that kept expanding as my ideas grew.  It is finally usable so I thought I’d snap a few pictures before coffee and tea get spilled all over. : )

Coffee and tea is kept in the dresser drawers and in the canisters (I still need to move more into the canisters though—and label!).
 
IMG_7568

I’ve been saving up things for this from Goodwill finds and Ikea trips for a few months now.  When it was nearly done I shopped my house and came up with a few more things to make it more useful and pretty. 

IMG_7572edit


IMG_7589

So for now we are enjoying a little more space to make our favorite hot drinks!

IMG_7587

(Can’t forget the sugar cubes!)
IMG_7567

I plan to expand this area a little more to include the space to the left of it, but so far it is just an empty wall there.  (I don’t have all the supplies for that part of the project yet!)

I’ll be back with more about the dresser and a few other aspects of the ‘coffee station’!

coffeestationbannermint

Linking up with Thrifty Décor Chick's January Before and After Party, Home Coming's The DIYers,
House on the Way's Twirl and Take a Bow Party, DIY by Design's Winter Blues Party, Savvy Southern Style's Wow us Wednesdays, Remodelaholic's Anonymous Party, The Idea Room's "Party Bunch Linky Party, and Tatertot and Jello's Link Party Palooza, Be Different Act Normal's Show and Tell, The DIY Showoff's That DIY Party,

19 comments:

  1. This is too too cute! And inspires me to try something like this in our kitchen, to a smaller extent :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rosie! We have been enjoying it! Oh yes, try it in your kitchen! It makes me feel all refined or something ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how nice that you have a coffee and tea station in your house Elizabet, you have that lux feeling i want to hang out, read a book & have a coffee ♥

    thanks for sharing over at The DIY'ers, huggies♥
    rea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rea! It is definitely fun although with three busy little kids I don’t get much time to read a book with my tea/coffee. ; )

      Delete
  4. I absolutely LOVE this! I enjoyed having a hot chocolate bar so much during the holidays that I now want a separate space for coffee and tea. Your station is beautiful! Pinned :)
    ~Katie @ Upcycled Treasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh a hot chocolate bar sounds great too! Perfect for this chilly weather we've been having! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. This looks amazing, Liz!! I love how you re-vamped that dresser, and the cups hanging from the wall. Such a fun idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS fun...I pretend I have a bell and can summon the servants to bring me tea like on Downton Abbey.

      Delete
  6. I love this take on the bar cart. It's especially great for those who don't drink much or at all. Very nice set-up you've created! It's like you have your own coffee shop at home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do need to add some more fancy coffees and teas to the setup (and put cocoa powder in the shaker) but it does add a lot of fun to our coffee/tea routine!

      Delete
  7. Love this! I am working on a similar set up in our kitchen! I love the way yours turned out! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leah! We do enjoy it...and I'm sure you will enjoy yours too when it is done! You have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  8. What time do you open? I am not a coffee person, but those brownies look amazing!

    Thanks for linking up at our Twirl and Take a Bow Party. Hope to see you again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I’m afraid those brownies were gone in a hot second...leaving treats out like that is just no good I tell you! ; ) Thanks for stopping by and I will definitely be “partying” with you again!

      Delete
  9. What an awesome coffee and tea station. I will be featuring this tonight at my Winter Blues Wednesday party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for the feature Judy, that is most flattering! I will definitely stop by your lovely blog again and party : )

      Delete
  10. I love this. You did a great job... Now I want one in my house!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is working out really well for us! You should totally make one for your house!

      Delete
  11. Where did you find the wall racks and shelf?

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you!